Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Routines are important

One of many lessons I must now take to heart.

In the quasi-scientific experiment I have been conducting over the past few weeks, I have found that I almost exclusively get pimples when I don't wash my face before going to bed. After one night of a skipped cleansing, one or two whiteheads will appear. After two nights of "Oh I'm too tired, I don't have to because I didn't put on any makeup" there are 2-3 more pimples. And it's always easier to keep them gone by washing up every night than it is to eliminate all the blemishes and get back to square one: the clear face.

Also, all that flossing I didn't do over the years? Totally biting me in the ass now. According to the rude dentists whose office I will never use again, one of my cavity fillings has broken and the gaping whole in that tooth is exposed, my wisdom teeth are impacted, and one of my molars should be removed because it's rotting beneath the gum line. Wonderful.

So, boys and girls, if you wish not to be ridden with pustules and hope to avoid dentures before becoming a senior citizen, do not carelessly disregard the bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment